A person who negligently operates a vehicle is required by law to pay for any and all damages they cause. All operators of vehicles must drive with “reasonable care under the circumstances”. If such care is not used, and an accident occurs, they are responsible for all damages.
If you have been injured through the carelessness, negligence or irresponsible behavior of another individual (or company), you more likely than not have a valid personal injury claim. Since most of the time you will suffer some form of loss (physical, emotional, earnings, or other) you have a claim arising from injuries sustained as a result of the use or operation of motor vehicles, including claims against the at-fault motorist & uninsured motorist claims. What do you do if you are in an accident?
You should obtain as much correct and complete information as possible at the accident scene (it will be much more difficult to get vital information later). Typically, get the following information (if you can):
- Driver’s name, address, date of birth, telephone number, driver’s license number, driver’s license expiration date, and insurance company name and phone number;
- Vehicle’s make, year, model, license plate number, reg. expiration date, and vehicle identification number;
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and insurance companies of the other vehicle’s legal and registered owners (if the driver is not the owner);
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any passengers in the other vehicle;
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses to the accident. Ask them to stay to talk to the CHP or police. If they cannot stay, ask them to explain to you what they saw and if possible write everything down;
- Identify people at the accident scene, even if they will not give you their contact info. If someone saw the accident and leaves the scene, you should make a note of his or her vehicle’s license plate number. Law officials can trace the owner’s name and address;
- Names and badge numbers of any law officer who came to the accident scene. Ask the officer where and when you can get a copy of the accident report. Make a simple diagram of the accident. Make a diagram of the accident scene on paper, make notes of traffic conditions, weather, time of day, and any objects such as traffic lights and signs that might be in the area. Also if you have a camera, take pictures of the scene.
Aggressive Attorneys for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Motorcyclists know too well that other drivers are often careless and inattentive near them. The motorcycle is at a distinctive disadvantage in any traffic accident.
At the Law Offices of Mark Peacock we help motorcyclists who have been injured in accidents. Here is what we will do for you:
• get the compensation you deserve • aggressively litigate your case • tackle the big bad insurance companies for you • maximize your recovery • assist families whose loved ones have been killed in motorcycle accidents
Our experience puts us in the right position to help you to handle your motorcycle accident case. Call us for a free consultation.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, we will provide you with a free initial consultation and case evaluation. We offer 24-hour telephone contact at 949-660-7762, or you can e-mail us to schedule an appointment. If you cannot come to our office, we will visit you at your home or hospital.
Truck accidents are particularly dangerous – these 18 wheelers traveling at highway speeds can easily injure and kill if it crashes into your car. Due to the particular dangerousness of these vehicles, there are many laws and safety regulations to protect the public. Semi-trucks and trailers are suppose to pass rigorous inspections and the drivers are suppose to be well-trained and have limits on how long they can drive without sleep. Many times when a tractor-trailer is involved in a wreck, an inspection uncovers problems with the rig (e.g., worn-out brakes or brakes out of adjustment). It is also not uncommon to find that the truck drivers involved in wrecks are often found to be under rested and in violation of safety regulations. Trucking companies are sometimes pressed to find good drivers, so they put dangerous drivers behind the wheels. Other times the companies put scheduling demands on drivers that cannot be met without violating the laws that limit the number of hours a driver can be on duty. And sometimes trucking companies have been known to do the unthinkable – put a dangerous driver in a truck that can’t pass inspection and demand that the driver drive for more hours than allowed. When you or a loved one is hurt or killed by one of these trucks it is important to contact an attorney experienced in handling these types of matters: the Law Offices of Mark Peacock can help.
If you have been injured in an bus accident, you should be aware that filing a lawsuit may be your only way to ensure that bus safety laws will be taken seriously. At the Law Offices of Mark Peacock, we know that personal injury and wrongful death claims aren't just about getting you money. Your case is about making the negligence stop.
Contact us to discuss the circumstances of your bus accident injury. An attorney will meet with you at a time and location that is most convenient for your family. Helping injury victims and surviving family members tell their story is what the Law Offices of Mark Peacock is about. We are here for you.
The causes of bus accidents can vary widely from accident to accident and can depend on factors like weather, unsafe roads, defective or malfunctioning bus, and bus-driver error. Bus companies are considered “common carriers” and have a duty to their passengers to keep them safe and free from harm. When passengers are injured, they may very well have a claim against the bus company and may attempt to seek monetary compensation for their injuries and damages.
Playground and swimming pool accidents often occur because the owner failed to exercise ordinary care. For example:
- Failure to provide safety mats and safety equipment
- Failure to inspect and repair damaged equipment, including broken climbing equipment and broken amusement park rides
- Failure to take measures to provide a safe swimming environment (read inflatable pool drowning prevention information)
- Failure to post warnings about dangerous conditions
- Failure to properly train staff.
If you or someone you love has had a playground accident (for example, a climbing wall, swing, slide, monkey bars or merry-go-round accident) or a swimming pool accident or injury (for example, drowning or a diving board accident), you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of earnings.
Compensation for a Playground or Swimming Pool Accident
To receive compensation for a playground or swimming pool accident, you must prove that the following:
- That the property owner had a legal duty to you;
- That the property owner knew, or should have known, that there was a dangerous condition;
- That the property owner had an opportunity to repair or remedy the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner’s failure to take appropriate action was a direct cause of your injury.
Possible compensation includes the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings, pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Other damages
If your child has died on a playground or in a swimming pool, you may be have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit seeking the following compensation:
- Loss of care and companionship
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering experienced prior to death (not available in some states)
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Lost economic contributions
- Other damages
Protecting Your Legal Rights after a Playground or Swimming Pool Accident
Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of getting what you need and deserve after your child has been injured or killed on a playground or in a swimming pool:
- Seek proper medical care. You will need documentation for your case.
- Get the names, phone numbers and addresses of all witnesses involved. Take photographs of the scene if you can.
- Do not sign any documents relating to the incident, and do not discuss your case with anyone. Most parties that you will need to deal with, including insurance companies, do not have your best interests in mind.
- Find a good attorney as soon as possible. You may have to file a suit within a specific time frame, according to the “statutes of limitations.” You also need to keep in mind that evidence in cases like yours can disappear overnight.
Construction sites are extremely dangerous. Construction workers can be seriously injured or killed while simply doing their job on a construction site. Moreover, the general public can also be injured or killed as a result of the negligence of those working at a construction site.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Mark Peacock have the experience to aggressively pursue full financial recoveries for those individuals injured at construction sites. It is important that you contact an experienced attorney to insure that you or your loved-one are properly represented.
Damages in construction site accident cases can include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional damages
- Lost wages
- Psychological counseling
- Scars and disfigurement
Thousands of pedestrians are injured or killed by motor vehicles every year in California. These accidents can happen almost anywhere: crosswalk, sidewalk, street, parking lots, and even driveways. While many pedestrian accident victims are able to return to their normal lives very quickly, these accidents can also cause very serious injuries and wrongful death.
At the Law Offices of Mark Peacock, we take these types of accidents very seriously. We work hand in hand with our clients to help them achieve the highest financial recovery.
If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident the first thing you should do is to get immediate medical attention. Do not delay in taking care of yourself. If you cannot afford to pay for medical attention (for example, you do not have health insurance), the Law Offices of Mark Peacock can help. We have relationships to a network of medical doctors who can sometimes delay payment until after your case has settled.
The Law Offices of Mark Peacock brings to you an unwavering commitment and dedication to the legal representation of traumatic brain injury survivors and their families. Brain injuries can occur in many ways: automobile accidents, construction accidents, being struck by an object, striking one’s head against a hard surface, assaults. infants (result of negligence during delivery), senior citizens who fall down and brain injury victims of every age and circumstance in between. The Law Offices of Mark Peacock are aggressive advocates for brain injury victims and their families.
We understand the very serious consequences of all brain injuries, including the so-called “mild traumatic brain injury”– at CPR, no brain injury is “mild” and our tenacity and pursuit of justice on your behalf reflects that. Results matter and experience counts.
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury or a member of your family died a wrongful death because of a brain injury, please contact the Law Offices of Mark Peacock today for a free consultation. We help victims of head trauma recover the financial recovery they deserve.
Every year, millions of innocent people are bitten and seriously injured by dogs in the U.S. These injuries range from minor nips to serious dog maulings resulting in serious bodily injury and even death. At least fifteen people die each year as a result of dog attacks in the United States. Unfortunately the majority of dog bite victims are children, and in approximately 75% of child dog bite cases, the dog belongs to a family member or friend. Although certain dog breeds are stated to be more ferocious than others, there are many dog breeds which are capable of causing serious injury and death. If you are a dog bite victim, you have legal rights to recover monetary compensation for your damages. In fact, California law provides for ample damages to compensate you for your injuries. We will leave no stone unturned and promise you we will obtain for you the maximum compensation you deserve.
We never give in and never give up in the pursuit of justice for our clients. We obtain compensation for our clients for all scars, current and future medical bills, emotional trauma, and all other factors. It is imperative that you contact us if you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog. Our dog attack attorneys have a thorough understanding of California dog bite laws, and will provide you with advice and help you in your time of need. In California, a dog’s behavior is always the responsibility of its owner. Meaning that if a dog bites someone, the owner is liable regardless of the dog’s breed or the reason the attack. A dog’s owner cannot avoid his or her liability by attempting to prove that he or she did not realize the dog would bite or by stating that the dog had never bitten anyone in the past. This is irrelevant. Liability is based upon ownership of the dog.
Our firm specializes in the representation of public safety (law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, emergency personnel) in civil rights matters.
If an Defective Product Caused Your Injury, We Can Help
When defective design or faulty manufacture of a product causes a serious accident injury, the Law Office of Mark Peacock can provide aggressive & experienced legal representation for the victims seeking full financial recovery for the damages they have suffered.
We can help you explore your real legal options in filing a product liability claim, personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death action against the manufacturer or any other party responsible for the product defect that caused your injury.
Product liability cases often involve complicated legal issues and may require a significant investment in time and resources to prosecute successfully. The Law Offices of Mark Peacock can provide legal representation in products liability claims regarding:
- Negligent research and testing
- Product recalls
- Auto Crash worthiness
- Defective construction and industrial equipment
- Defective medical devices
- Defective toys
Slip and Fall
Slip/Trip & Fall accidents can occur anywhere at anytime – in a store, public place, building, etc. You may very well be entitled to compensation for your injuries/damages. Typically a business or property owner owes you, as a customer, one of the highest duties of care recognized by the law. They have a duty not to expose you to an unreasonable risk of harm.
In slip/trip & fall cases, it is vital that you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The Law offices of Mark Peacock can provide a free case evaluation. Call us at (949) 660-7762. Mark Peacock, Esq. will personally explain the legal process, evaluate your case, and discuss how we may be able to obtain compensation for you.
Protect yourself! If you are injured in a slip/trip & fall incident you need to act quickly by doing the following:
- Get the names and phone numbers of witnesses
- Write down a brief description as to how the accident occurred
- Identify witnesses (typically the business’ employees/other customers)
- Take photographs of the dangerous condition (i.e., what caused you to slip/trip)
- Don’t speak with anyone from the land owner’s insurance company – just don’t do it
- Get yourself an experienced attorney who handles these types of cases
The Law Offices of Mark Peacock will see to it that you obtain the medical care, physical therapy, and other assistance you need to recover and rebuild your life. We are passionate about what we do – namely, taking care of you.
The untimely death of a loved one is undeniably tragic. It is particularly difficult when the death of your loved did not have to happen.
If your loved one suffered a wrongful death because of the negligence, carelessness, recklessness or misconduct of another person or organization, you may very well have a legal right to recover financial compensation for your lost loved one, his or her pain and suffering, future earnings, funeral expenses and more. We have represented survivors of those who died wrongful deaths, in the following types of matters:
- Pedestrian hit and run
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Spinal cord injury
- Medical malpractice
- Brain Injury